Internship – Come and work with us!
We’re looking for an Open Content Curator Intern to join us over the summer months. Work with the brilliant Open.Ed team, improve your digital skills, and contribute educational resources to the global commons! The position is available to ‘2nd year up-to penultimate year’ undergraduate students from the University of Edinburgh.
So what’s involved?
You’ll get together and work with colleagues from around the University to
- review educational resources to make them available for open re-use on the web.
- discuss options for open licensing of resources
- prepare content for publishing on the Open.Ed website.
- publish resources to existing media channels (e.g. TES Connect, Flickr or Wikimedia Commons).
- publicise content once uploaded via social media platforms.
You’ll be working with the Open.Ed team including:
- Stephanie (Charlie) Farley (@SFarley_Charlie) creator and lead of 23 Things for Digital Knowledge and the OER Game Jams
- Lorna Campbell (@LornaMCampbell) lead on the Open Scotland project, and Trustee of Wikimedia UK and the Association for Learning Technology.
- Ewan McAndrew (@emcandre) our Wikimedian-in-Residence.
The deadline to apply for our Open Content Internship post has been extended to 27 Feb 2018.
Want to know more? Read the below blog posts by Martin Tasker, our 2016 summer intern, on his experience working with us.