Supercytes is a card game and resource pack (with animated cartoons) about having fun with Biology and encouraging an early interest in science.
The Supercytes resource pack was created by medical research scientists working in the MRC Centre for Inflammation Research at the University of Edinburgh. The resource is designed for use in schools (or school science clubs).
- Designed in different formats for students aged 9-18
- Introduces younger learners to white blood cells and how our bodies fight infection
- Supports older students learning basic immunology and inflammation biology
- Integrates into the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence
Print your own copy! The Supercytes resources are all available as a free digital download, under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. On the Supercytes webpage you can register your interest and then follow the link provided to download the resources.
School resource packs are also available, free of charge, to schools and school science clubs in Edinburgh and Lothians in Scotland. The packs include:
- 6 x packs of “Supercytes: the immune cell standoff” card game
- 24 x reusable worksheets
- 1 x game instructions
- 1 x lesson plan
- 1 x USB memory stick of materials
To request a resource pack please complete the form on the Supercytes webpage. The team hope to expand this region of availability in due course (subject to funding).
If you would like to receive Supercytes, but are outside of Edinburgh and Lothians in Scotland, please register your interest in receiving a pack in the future and consider downloading the resources in the meantime.
This work by The University of Edinburgh is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licence