To help CMVM students attain a better understanding of the issues surrounding academic integrity and plagiarism, Dr Medhat Khattar from the Deanery of Biomedical Sciences, Dr Chris McKenzie from the Deanery of Clinical Sciences and Kacper Lyszkiewicz from the Digital Education Unit (Edinburgh Medical School) worked together to create this interactive resource.
The narrated and interactive resource focuses on awareness and practalities of demonstrating academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism. It has been designed to be helpful for students transitioning to higher education as well as students coming from other education systems, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- New university students.
- Students from a different educational system.
- Students returning to university education after a long break.
- Students unfamiliar with modern academic misconduct rules.
The aims of the resource are that by completing it students will:
- Reduce the risk of unintentional plagiarism in future coursework.
- Improve academic skills, leading towards better grades during studies.
This interactive resource was created by created by Dr Medhat Khattar, Dr Chris McKenzie, and Kacper Lyszkiewicz at The University of Edinburgh. Unless otherwise stated, all content is released under a CC BY-NC-ND license.