Ada Lovelace Day OERs
Ada Lovelace Day is an international celebration day of the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). Please enjoy some of the open educational resources that have been created to celebrate Ada Lovelace Day at the University of Edinburgh.
All our resources and handbooks are Creative Commons licensed (CC-BY-SA), so please share them freely.
In celebration of Ada Lovelace Day 2021, the Digital Skills and Training team have created a new open licensed resource list dedicated to bridging the digital gender divide. As Ada Lovelace Day celebrates the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM), the resource list shines a light on the barriers that women and girls the world over face when it comes to digital participation – particularly, the abuse and harassment that women face online. The following resources offer more information on the digital gender divide and the steps needed to close it. Content warning: Sexism, violence. CC BY NC SA.
- Mary Somerville – ‘Mechanism of the Heavens’ adult colouring-in illustration (.PDF + Flickr + Wikimedia Commons)
- Grace Hopper adult colouring-in illustration (.PDF)
- Ada Lovelace – ‘Garden of Ada’ adult colouring-in illustration (.PDF + Flickr)
- Sonic Pi music compositions (SoundCloud)
- LEGO Raspberry Pi enclosure photographs (Twitter + Flickr)
- Ada Lovelace Raspberry Pi cardboard enclosures (Purple .PDF + Blue .PDF)
Workshop Handbooks 2015
Header Image: Crop from Watercolor portrait of Ada King, Countess of Lovelace (Ada Lovelace), Wikimedia Commons, Public domain