OER Service Digital Skills Events
The OER Service runs a wide range of workshops and events as part of the University's Digital Skills programme. Our up and coming events are listed below, and you can find a full list of workshops we offer here: OER Service Digital Skills. If you would like us to come to your school or college to run a session tailored to your requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
OER16 conference (Edinburgh)
19th April 2016 @ 9:00 am - 20th April 2016 @ 5:00 pm
The vision for the conference is to focus on the value proposition of embedding open culture in the context of institutional strategies for learning, teaching and research. The conference will be chaired by Melissa Highton, Director of Learning, Teaching and Web Services at the University of Edinburgh, and Lorna Campbell, OER Liaison at the University of Edinburgh and EDINA Digital Education Manager.
OER16 will focus on:
- The strategic advantage of open and creating a culture of openness.
- Converging and competing cultures of open knowledge, open source, open content, open practice, open data and open access.
- Hacking, making and sharing.
- The reputational challenges of openwashing.
- Openness and public engagement.
- Innovative approaches to opening up cultural heritage collections for education.
[Image credit: Edinburgh Pano CC-BY cogdog https://flic.kr/p/hgJubH]