Applying a CC licence on SlideShare
On this page we describe how to apply any of the seven licence options provided by SlideShare for content uploaded to its service.
Alternately this content can be viewed as a PDF file: How to – apply a CC licence on SlideShare.pdf (652kb).
Creative Commons Licences on SlideShare
You must be registered and logged into your account to upload files to SlideShare.
1. Once logged in, select ‘Upload’ in the top menu or go to http://www.slideshare.net/upload. Once you have uploaded your file, you can ‘edit presentation details’ where you can select your licence (at the bottom).
2. Drag and drop, or browse your files to select the file you wish to upload.
3. Complete the details in the Upload screen about your SlideShare. Enter the title and provide a description of your slides. Select a category for your content and add tags to improve the discoverability of your slides.
4. Click on the orange ‘Publish’ button at the bottom right of the screen.
5. To edit the licence on your SlideShare click on the blue ‘Edit’ button underneath your slides.
6. The licence section will be displayed on the presentation page in the lower right section:
7. Select the licence you want to apply to your SlideShare then click on the grey ‘Update’ button underneath.
That’s it, all done!