Introduction to Patient-Centred Care
This resource is for healthcare professionals working in clinical practice. it is intended to introduce a patient (person) centred approach to care planning. Whilst it uses examples, it doesn’t focus on any one profession.
Topics covered in the video include:
– What does Person-Centred Care mean in practice?
– Assessment: what are the issues people face and how do we explore them?
– Care Planning:
- What do we need to help with?
- What does the person think are their main troubles?
- What will happen over time? Can we start doing something now?
This video resource was create by Paul Knight as part of the Digital Education module for the Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) in Academic Practice at The University of Edinburgh.
This work was created by Adam Clark at The University of Edinburgh, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike licence.
Header Image: Screenshot from presentation slides.