Not one but two new student internships!
The OER Service are recruiting for two new part-time student internships! Each internship is for one day a week, from November 2023 for seven months. These posts are only available to current matriculated University of Edinburgh students.
Playful Engagement Intern
As a Playful Engagement Intern, you will work alongside the Open Education Service to review, revise and implement the ISG Playful Engagement Strategy, to ensure that the Information Services Group (ISG) is a creative and playful workplace.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference on campus, ensuring that ISG is a workplace which promotes creative and innovative use of technologies and services to support a healthy work-life balance, and a positive and engaging work environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review current research and practice around playful engagement.
- Revise and implement the ISG Playful Engagement Strategy.
- Review the outputs of the Nudge Internship and how they may relate to the ISG Playful Engagement Strategy.
- Engage with ISG staff to encourage creative use of the shared working environment.
- Scope the potential development of a playful engagement course for teaching staff.
- Ensure that Learning Teaching and Web are able to offer playful engagement support for university colleagues.
- Participate in conferences and events.
- Work both as part of a team and independently, managing your own work projects and time, report on progress, and attend meetings and presentations.
23 Things Intern
As a 23 Things Intern you will work with the University’s Open Educational Resources Service to re-launch, promote, and facilitate the new 23 Things for Digital Knowledge online course. This is a great opportunity for a student to be involved in a project which will be visible, credited, and have a real impact, reaching a wide audience.
The 23 Things for Digital Knowledge course is an award-winning self-directed course. The new course will provide a structured pathway for undergraduate students to gain familiarity and confidence with using the broad range of digital tools and applications they will encounter throughout their degree, while also developing valuable transferable digital skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Update and maintain the 23 Things website.
- Manage course registration and communication.
- Create accessible and engaging email communication templates.
- Engage with student blog posts to provide feedback and interaction.
- Promote 23 Things through internal channels.
- Develop an engaging social media presence for 23 Things, such as new Instagram and TikTok accounts.
- Work both as part of a team and independently, managing own work projects and time, reporting on progress, and attending meetings and presentations.
Header photo: Silhouettes of unrecognisable people in sunset by Matheus Bertell, Pexels