Open.Ed Summer Internships – Come and work with us!
We’re looking for 2 Open Content Curator Interns to join us over the summer months. Work with the brilliant Open.Ed team, improve your digital skills, and contribute educational resources to the global commons! The position is available to ‘2nd year up-to penultimate year’ undergraduate students from the University of Edinburgh.
So what’s involved?
You’ll get together and work with colleagues from around the University to
- review educational resources to make them available for open re-use on the web.
- discuss options for open licensing of resources
- prepare content for publishing on the Open.Ed website.
- publish resources to existing media channels (e.g. TES Connect, Flickr or Wikimedia Commons).
- publicise content once uploaded via social media platforms.
You’ll be working with the Open.Ed team including:
- Stephanie (Charlie) Farley (@SFarley_Charlie) creator and lead of 23 Things for Digital Knowledge and the OER Game Jams
- Lorna Campbell (@LornaMCampbell) lead on the Open Scotland project, and Trustee of Wikimedia UK and the Association for Learning Technology.
- Ewan McAndrew (@emcandre) our Wikimedian-in-Residence.
Applications close on 20 Feb 2019
Want to know more? Read the blog post by our 2018 summer intern, Cecily Plascott, on her experience working with us.
Header image: Friends People Group Teamwork Diversity, Rawpixel, Royalty free image