Open to the World: Open course development at the University of Edinburgh
Video and resources from our 2022 Open Education Week webinar Open to the World: Open course development at the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh is a world leader in digital education. We have a long-standing commitment to providing, and widening access to, high quality online learning opportunities through open education and OER. We are proud to offer a wide range of free short online courses as part of our commitment to community outreach and knowledge exchange. Since 2012, over 4 million learners around the world have enrolled in our 80 free online courses on partner platforms Coursera, FutureLearn and EdX. In order to ensure that our resources are open, sustainable and accessible, we share the videos created for each course through our Open Media Bank, where over 600 videos can be downloaded under open licence for reuse by all.
In this 2022 Open Education Week webinar, senior managers, open educators, and instructional designers from the University of Edinburgh present our vision for OER and open education, our approach to developing open online courses, the OERs we share, and the learning opportunities that we open to the world.
- Lorna M. Campbell, OER Service Manager.
- Dr Melissa Highton, Assistant Principal and Director of Learning, Teaching and Web Services.
- Stuart Nicol, Head of Educational Design and Engagement.
- Lizzy Garner-Foy, Instructional Designer, Online Course Production Service.
- Stephanie (Charlie) Farley, OER Service.
- Ari Badlishah, Digital Engagement Officer, Online Course Production Service.
- Lauren Johnston-Smith, Online Learning Marketing Project Manager, Online Course Production Service.
You can download slides from the webinar here:
- Online Course Production at the University of Edinburgh by Stuart Nicol.
- Designing Open Online Courses by Lizzy Garner-Foy.
- OER Policy and Service by Stephanie (Charlie) Farley.
- Marketing for Free Short Online Courses by Ari Badlishah.