Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) – Information pack for Students and Teachers
This is a resource pack designed for pupils and teachers of CfE Higher Human Biology. It covers the effects and causes of cardiovascular disease, and medical methods for preventing it.
The resource was written with the help of medial professionals and provides a detailed, evidence based and yet accessible look at the subject of cardiovascular disease.
This resource consists of a single PDF document, which covers:
- The Basics of the Cardiovascular System
- The Process of Atheroma
- Causes of Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Control of Cholesterol Levels and Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
- Genetic Screening of Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
- Scale of Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevention of Atheromatous Cardiovascular Disease
This resource is available under a CC BY license and has been made available on TES Connect which hosts a range of lesson materials for early years, primary, secondary, and special needs teaching.
Cover image by Kay Douglas is licensed under CC BY, and has been cropped for use on Open.Ed.