Copyright, Open Licensing and OER
A collection of resources on Copyright and Open Licensing developed by the Open.Ed service.
Will it bite me? Media, Licensing, and online teaching environments
Slides from the one hour information session created to provide University of Edinburgh teaching staff with the information and tools to use copyright and licensed materials in teaching while adhering to licenses and copyright protections.
The session covers:
– Closed vs. Open teaching spaces
– Licenses in Higher Educations
– Subscriptions, databases, and services
– Open Educational Resources
– Attribution of materials in online teaching environments
– Searching for materials
- Will it bite me? Media, Licensing, and online teaching environments from Stephanie (Charlie) Farley CC BY
- Videos – Will it bite me? Media, Licensing, and online teaching environments from Stephanie (Charlie) Farley CC BY
Copyright & Open Licensing Posters
This series of posters were created by Eugen Stoica & Stephanie (Charlie) Farley in 2018 as part of an awareness raising campaign of copyright and open licensing literacy across The University of Edinburgh. Poster design by Nicola Greenhorn. The posters have been licensed CC BY-SA
Open Educational Resources & Open Licensing
This is the slide set for the OER & Open Licensing component of the monthly Copyright & Licensing Training provided by Stephanie (Charlie) Farley and Eugen Stoica at The University of Edinburgh.
Open Education, OER and Open Licensing
Presentation on open education, OER and open licensing by Lorna M. Campbell and Charlie Farley.
- Open Education, OER and Open Licensing, slides, CC BY
Creative Commons and Open Licences
Presentation on Creative Commons and open licences by Lorna M. Campbell.
Preparing for Lecture Recording: OER
Video on copyright, open licensing and OER for Lecture Recording by Charlie Farley.
- Preparing for Lecture Recording: OER, video, CC BY
We also recommend these CC licensed copyright and IPR resources created by the following organisations
- copyrightuser.org https://www.copyrightuser.org/
- UK Copyright Literacy https://copyrightliteracy.org/
- Naomi Korn Associates https://naomikorn.com/resources/
These works by Lorna M. Campbell and Stephanie (Charlie) Farley of The University of Edinburgh are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence 4.0