OER Service Digital Skills Events
The OER Service runs a wide range of workshops and events as part of the University's Digital Skills programme. Our up and coming events are listed below, and you can find a full list of workshops we offer here: OER Service Digital Skills. If you would like us to come to your school or college to run a session tailored to your requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Blogging for Hybrid Teaching
May 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This new one-hour workshop explores how academic blogging can be used to support remote and hybrid teaching.
The workshop covers:
- A brief introduction to the Academic Blogging Service
- Benefits of academic blogging
- Blogging for teaching and learning
- Blogging for hybrid teaching
- Blogging to build community and reduce transactional distance
- Group blogs
- Further training and support
The workshop builds on the pedagogical approaches explored in An Edinburgh Model of Online Teaching course, and incorporates elements of our existing workshops on Blogging To Build Your Professional Profile and Blogging for Teaching and Learning.
Bookings via MyEd: https://edin.ac/38nVkyu