OER Service Digital Skills Events
The OER Service runs a wide range of workshops and events as part of the University's Digital Skills programme. Our up and coming events are listed below, and you can find a full list of workshops we offer here: OER Service Digital Skills. If you would like us to come to your school or college to run a session tailored to your requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
UoE Open Knowledge Network 2nd Event
28th April 2017
The UoE Open Knowledge Network (OKN) is a new initiative that aims to bring together colleagues from across the institution who are working in the area of open knowledge, open data, open access, open education, open science, open collections & archives, etc., in order to support cross-fertilisation and promote the institution’s activities in these areas.
The second UoE Open Knowledge Network event will take place on Friday 28th April in Argyle House. The event will feature lightning talks and discussions in the morning and workshops and demos in the afternoon.
The event will feature a morning of talks and discussions with colleagues across the institution followed by hands on workshops and demonstrations in the afternoon.
09.30 – 10.00 Coffee and networking
10.00 – 12.30 Presentations and discussions
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 14.45 DataShare Workshop
15.00 – 16.30 Histropedia and Wiki Data workshop
Morning talks will include
- The influence of algorithms on MOOC – Jeremy Knox, Centre for Research in Digital Education
- Thesis digitisation initiative – Gavin Willshaw, University Library & Collections
- Recent MOOC developments – Stuart Nicol, Education Development and Enhancement
- Internet of Things project – Ewan Klein, Informatics
- International Open Science Conference report by Lorna M. Campbell, LTW
- OER 17 Politics of Open Conference report by Charlie Farley, Education Development and Enhancement
Additional speakers will be confirmed.
- Using Edinburgh DataShare – Pauling Ward, Data Library
- Histropedia Timelines and Wiki Data – Ewan McAndrew, Wikimedian in Residence, LTW
This event is free of charge and open to all colleagues and students. Participants are welcome to register for morning, afternoon or both.
- Morning talks and discussions http://edin.ac/2oM6VRI
- DataShare workshop http://edin.ac/2nSbdDD
- Histropedia Timelines and Wiki Data workshop http://edin.ac/2nSc7jl
Numbers are limited, so if you register for the event and are unable to attend, please let us know so we can allocate your place to a colleague.
The UoE Open Knowledge Network is supported by the ISG Innovation Fund.